Friday 20 July 2007

Facts About Brazil

I've been in Brazil for a weeek now, so obviously know a hell of a lot about the place, despite having spent most of my time on base hitting big pipes with hammers. It looks like I won't be going offshore for another week, giving me ample time for further exploration of the base, which I look forward to immensely. But despite my busy schedule I though I would impart some of my new-found knowledge about the world's biggest country (if you exclude Russia, Canada, China and probably Australia and the USA).

Fact no.1 - Brazil has lot of pretty girls wearing only bikinis.

Fact no.2 - Brazil is nice.

Fact no.3 - Brazil's national spirit is called cachaca, and is made from sugar cane. Like all good spirits, it ranges in quality, but I would highly recommend one called "Germana", which is smooth and sweet, and with that hint of luxury.

Fact no.4 - There's quite a lot of mosquitos in Brazil, and they are seriously disturbing my sleep.

Fiction no.1 - Soup was invented in Brazil.

Fact no.5 - Brazil is the second country I've been to that includes the letter "z" in its name.

Fact no.6 - I shouldn't have to do any work here. I'd far rather be on the beach, or dancing in some ongoing street party in Rio, or even getting mugged in a favella.

Now - it is time for me to eat.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

It's a good thing you put the soup thing as fiction...because otherwise I was seriously in danger of believing that claim.

Anonymous said...

Czech Republic. I had to think for a minute.

Anonymous said...

I was in Brazil and I think Brazil is the best place to travel. Brazil is more than beaches and Carnival, but that would be enough reason to travel there. Brazil is the largest country in South America. The nation's natural beauty is reflected in its variety of geographic locations, from Sugar Loaf Mountain in the city of Rio de Janeiro, to the magnificent Iguazu Falls in the south, to the Amazon basin in the North, there's something for almost every taste... snow skiers excepted.