Monday 19 March 2007

Dublin Airport

So I'm the old Dublin airport then, waiting for the old flight to that town, you know, of Inverness. It's not much of a top mornin' though, to be sure, as there's icy wind and freezing sleet slashing down.

I've had a great weekend in Ireland, meeting Eileen in Cork and watching the St. Patrick's Day Parade there, then seeing Rebecca in Dublin and braving the horrendous weather chucked down at us. Hopefully I'll get a chance to write a little more about it, including plenty of well-taken photos, but I'm a little rushed today unfortunately.

That's because I'm supposed to be going to Malaysia at 4pm. This is for work and has kind of come from nowhere. It means today is going to be somewhat rushed, as I arrive in Inverness at 11.30am, then have to rush to Dingwall to pick up my stuff and drive to Aberdeen, through snow and diabolical conditions, in time to catch this long, long flight. I think I'm going to be feeling rather strung out in 24 hours.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that once I'm arrived and settled in Malaysia, I have a whole week on the beach before even the prospect of work, as I need to wait on the result of some medical. Hopefully this won't be too adversely affected by the quantity of alcohol in my system after three days in Ireland.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nev! Sounds like you had fun in Ireland, looking forward to hearing about it. Trying to write an essay on Derrida and Khora as the origins of language at the moment, making my head spin! By the way, just finished reading a book by a scotsman, James Hogg, written 1824 called "Confessions of a Justified Sinner" about a man who believes in predestination, and is therefore justified in killing everyone around him. Interesting!

Jenny said...

How will you get to Malaysia tomorrow if you didn't have a passport this weekend to go to Ireland?

Nev 360 said...

Hey Maebh. Yup, I had a great time in Ireland, and will try and write it up. Cork was lovely, and it was good to see both Eileen and Rebecca again.

Jenny, I have a winning smile that can charm me through Immigration.